Sunday, October 10, 2010

Horror of the Lady of the Lake (2010) - Trailer



I've been aware of this Spanish film for several years, ever since promotion started for it around 2004. Everything I've seen has impressed me very much. The writer and director Diego Vazquez has attempted to use old fashioned methods of cinematography, including matte paintings and stop motion, to craft a fantasy that immerses one in atmosphere and visual mysteries. This is a true independent film, without much financing, but with an extraordinary amount of dedication and talent behind it. The film (Spanish title: EL HORROR DE LA DAMA DEL LAGO) is premiering at this year's Sitges film festival, and I eagerly await viewing it one day.

The film's website: www.aticusfilms.com

3 comments:

  1. This looks incredibly atmospheric in a way only Spanish horror can be. I look forward to seeing this someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your entry Mirek!!! I will keep you update with the news of the film, starting at the moment when I finally translate the official web to english. I really wish you can see the film soon. It will soon be touring different film festivals all over the world so you will probably have your chance. Thanks again!!
    Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Diego. The film looks very intriguing and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete